If you would like more information on all-ceramic dental implants or find out if you’re a candidate for a CeraRoot dental implant, please contact us. We're
here to help.
Zirconia dental implants are a metal-free alternative to Titanium, made from ceramic materials.
Why all-ceramic dental implants?
CeraRoot dental implants are an array of the most biocompatible, zirconia tooth root replacements that act as functional foundations for crowns and bridges.
Unlike the traditional Titanium metal implants, with CeraRoot Ceramic Implants you have a tooth-colored and metal-free alternative which acts and looks
like a natural and healthy tooth.
The CeraRoot implant is made of high-strength ceramic and designed to achieve highest functional and esthetic demands, as well as the reliability that
enables for an excellent outcome.
Since the ceramic implant has the color of a natural tooth it avoids the displeasing appearance of the metal titanium implants that may show through, specially
in cases with thin or recessed gingiva.
The benefits of Zirconia Implants
- Biocompatibility and optimal Osseointegration - Zirconia implants are made from Zirconia - a biocompatible ceramic material that fosters
complete assimilation into the jawbone.
- Zirconia implants are hypoallergenic - This is not the case with metal implants. Many cases of titanium implant sensitivity show up
years after surgery when itchiness and inflammation develop around implant sites, potentially resulting in bone loss and possible failure of an
implant. Today, there’s a growing number of people who have allergies, skin sensitivities and compromised immune systems; therefore implantation
of metal devices should be seriously considered beforehand, especially since the removal of a titanium implant from a jaw bone is not a simple
- One-stage surgery and overall comfort - Zirconia implants are designed for immediate placement after tooth extractions. This one-stage
surgical approach minimizes implantation time and maximizes comfort. Moreover, a less invasive surgery (one without incisions or suturing) may
be possible when there’s no infection and sufficient bone is present at the implant site. Overall Zirconia implant patients experience a shorter
implant process along with the potential for a significant increase in comfort and function afterward due to biocompatibility and the strength
- Zirconia implants are more natural looking than Titanium Implants - A problem that often occurs with titanium implants is an aesthetic
one. Patients with thin, translucent gums or those who are prone to gum recession (as are many aging people) may end up with gray gums or titanium
showing around the margin of the crown. Since zirconia is non-metallic and white, it is much more natural looking than titanium.
- Zirconia is a biocompatible material that is resistant to chemical corrosion - Nor will it conduct electricity or heat. As a bioinert
material, it will never trigger chemical reactions, migrate to other sites in the body or interfere with the maintenance of optimal oral health.
This is not the case with Titanium. It’s been scientifically proven that a titanium implant will corrode in the wet environment of a mouth, especially
if there is more than one metal in the vicinity (such as amalgam fillings, alloy metal crowns, bridges or gold onlays / inlays) to trigger reactions.
Metal corrosion is even more active in the presence of fluoride that is free flowing in some water supplies, toothpastes and mouthwashes. It literally
attacks the surface of the titanium implants. Many scientific articles have cited that titanium will not only migrate from the implant site into
surrounding tissues but even into nearby lymph nodes.
- They do not conduct an electrical charge - This is beneficial because bacterial growth on the surface of a zirconia implant is far
less likely to adhere due to its non-conductivity, thus creating an oral environment that promotes much healthier gums.
- Zirconia implants are holistic - These implants do not interfere with the movement of energy though the body’s meridians. And since
zirconia implants are bioinert, they’re a perfect tooth replacement solution for patients who adhere to holistic health principles.
- One-piece design that can withstand tremendous masticatory forces - Traditional titanium implant systems consist of two metal components
(the implant that’s lodged into the jaw and the abutment that sits above the gumline) joined together with a fixation screw. Zirconia implants
are available in a one-piece design made from biocompatible zirconia. Zirconia implants mimic the best of nature with a variety of tooth-like contours
and bioinert composition. Zirconia is well known for its durability and inflexibility under pressure.